Friday, August 04, 2006

Who Knows Where the Time Goes?

Okay

Today was my birthday. Do I get a day off from blogging?

I’m sitting here, with a bit of a headache from drinking wine at the Farmers Market. I have this yearly party in the food court. It’s cheap. It’s easy. And you can buy bottles of alcohol at the wine bar. California is a wine friendly state. With my closest friends. Sitting near the raw meat of a butcher shop. Mostly chicken.

Very spirited. Very fun to be 44. Yes. 44.

I mean, who are they kidding?

I am listening to Eva Cassidy (who is now dead) singing Who Knows Where the Time Goes? Nice.

When I die, if I have a tomb stone (which I won’t) but if I do, it would read, “My sinuses never felt better.”

What I want for 44 is better air, lower temperatures and more people laughing and talking to each other on street cars. Maybe go listen to more live music.


Happy Birthday to everyone.

3 comments:

Rebecca Waring said...

OMG! Happy Birthday!! If it makes you feel any better, I wish I was still 44.

the last noel said...

Don, Happy birthday!

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Oh, good! I HAVE my answer! Glad to learn that it TWAS another Happy Birthday!

Good that the chickens were hanging there to remind you at 44 that you ARE still a delectable young chicken yourself!

Incidentally, I love the epitaph idea...

Along those lines, the security word for this paticular comment post is "Biyee". Now, that would make a good epitaph, too pronounced with a classic Valley Girl accent...

Happy Birthday, Baby!

Biyee for now...