Monday, November 10, 2008

Sweet Puss, Oliver

Adam said it Best:

Dear family and friends,

It is with great sadness that I report that Don and I put our beloved cat Oliver down today. His health had been declining for several weeks and he stopped eating about 10 days ago. His quality of life was rapidly deteriorating and we decided it was best to do it now before it got too bad. Never an easy decision, but we both feel it was the right one. He was 16 1/2, and he died peacefully in my arms, purring right up until the last moment. He was an incredible pet -- so friendly and loving and beautiful. He gave and recieved so much love during his life, and that is a beautiful thing. He will be sorely missed. Goodbye, my boy.


 
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

40licious said...

Oh. So sad. I'm sorry. Beautiful kitty.

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Oh, Boys... I'm so sorry...

Rebecca Waring said...

That cat was an old soul.

Boring Kelly said...

My heart goes out to you guys. A couple of years ago I had to have my cat (Cecil) put down after 15 years with me. I still miss him.

Pleasant, peaceful thoughts to you.

Don Cummings said...

Thank you, Vanessa, Todd, Rebecca and Kelly for giving condolences for Oscar, the sweetest puss of them all. He was once young and beautiful and aloof. As he grew older, he became a unkempt, super loving and affectionate.

He is missed in a very huge way.