Monday, December 01, 2008

Milk is a Natural

MILK, as a movie was not so fabulous. Sean Penn as an actor is always fabulous.

Problem is, with most biopics, the structure is such that it reads this happened then that happened, then this happened, then that. Not unlike the diaries I have kept since 1973. Lord!

Again, Sean Penn? Will be nominated for an Oscar, surely. The other actors: Emile Hirsch, Josh Bolin and James Franco, wonderful, all.

The period was when I was in high school. Big curly hair and big ugly glasses were the rage. And the movie brought those out in full force. Lovely. Made me nostalgic.

There is so much to admire in Harvey Milk. He was a true humanitarian, a believer in the cause of human rights and a deft politician.

Feels like this is an important movie to see, what with Prop 8 and all. I just wish it was a little more interesting than a laundry list. Okay, it is more interesting than a laundry list.

You just want to get your socks knocked off. But you don’t.

1 comment:

Todd HellsKitchen said...

I saw it too... I just blogged my reaction over at my place...

Similar to yours...