Wednesday, July 25, 2007

VHEMT

Join us! Take a look outside. See all that traffic? The smog? The endless intersections of gas stations? Wouldn’t it be so nice if there was so much less? Stop what you’re doing and take ten minutes to poke around this website and really consider it.

Voluntary Human Extinction Movement

Doesn’t it make complete sense?

Now the least you can do is click on the following link to tell the senate that you just can’t believe they are cutting money for public transportation. It’s outrageous.

Subways for all!

6 comments:

Dan said...

Doesn't make any sense to me. What better motivator to preserve our planet than keeping it healthy for our children? Take away that and you'll really see things go to hell.

Why not put effort into realistic solutions to our problems?

Anonymous said...

I don't know what's with this site. This is the 3rd comment I've tried to post-or maybe it's me.

A large part of global warming is and will be coming from the fear of death. The biosphere only planned for us to live until we procreated. If one is afraid to die, how will it be any easier to face that at age 110 than it is at,say, 75? To think one is entitled to a century of life is sheer "ego-illogical" hubris. And the fallout is overtaxing the planet.

So I don't get flu shots. I go to the dr. only if I am sick. I have no tests nor do I regularly take any prescription drugs. It's scary but I'm trying to let nature take its course.

As Bruce Epstein said in one of his New Yorker cartoons: "In my day, people died." Mother/Judith

Anonymous said...

Sorry. I meant Bruce Eric Kaplan Mother Judith

Rebecca Waring said...

I've done my part! No offspring. That I know of.......

Todd HellsKitchen said...

I wish they would stop the Second Ave Subway here in NY and do old fashioned street cars or a cool elevated monorail instead...

I get uncomfortable underground...

Anonymous said...

Oops. We're too late. We have Grace and Henry already. But maybe a couple of the guys who run that extinction website would be willing to bow out voluntarily to make room for those cute kids? ;)