Thursday, June 12, 2008

Marriage Laws Map

 

In the Los Angeles Times, yesterday, was a poorly printed map of where Gay Marriage stands in every state.

It reminds me of the maps of the Civil War with Missouri in something very bold to signify the Missouri Compromise. (Thank goodness California eventually entered the union as a free state. It set the tone for the west coast.)

The Civil War will never end.

I wish I could look at this map and see something more innocuous, "This reminds me of the corn, wheat, steer and oil distribution maps of my youth."

But it does not.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Rebecca Waring said...

I'm really saddened and ashamed that my normally very blue state of Maryland is in the wrong zone. They have a statute making gay marriage illegal but it was overturned as discriminatory last year. Then there was an appeal and it was reinstated. Someday.....

But at least in my neighborhood there are signs on many yards saying 'Civil Union is a Civil Right'.