Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Back Up in a Day

Pardon me for this very dull posting…I just have to be practical, here.

Spent the day buying a computer, loading it up and troubleshooting.

The biggest waste of time? Itunes. Something about getting the music right…

It doubles things. It will not behave. Definitely a case of the tail wagging the dog, even though I have never fully understood that expression.

I’m hard on computers. My hard drives burst, bubble and die. Backed up, always backed up. Stay backed up. Back up some more.

On a more natural note: it is spring in New York. Just has that feeling. One last blast of easy air.

Makes for a good time. For everyone.

2 comments:

Todd HellsKitchen said...

I prefer a cool crisp chill this time of year.... But this is nice for a day or two... LOL. Congrats on getting the 'puter together that quick...

I never did the iTunes thang...

I like my music on a disk in a seperate Bose thingie.

I also think that DVD's should be watched on a separate DVD and HD TV thing....

... A minimalist, I'm not.

John B said...

I tunes's problem - or your computer's problem with it - is that its constantly being upgraded, every few days at some points. That means you constantly have your computer getting update prompts and going through the process of doing the rather heavy auto upgrade.

This might be your problem.

My advice is get a second hard drive with more than 500 MB of RAM. I initially upgraded to one 500 and kept the initial dinky Dell 80 MB drive. Now I have the 500 and a second 360. Everything is pretty smooth now.