Monday, November 23, 2009

List Time

I think being a vegetarian is not a bad idea. But I do not know that I could do it.

Squirrels have a 4 – 7 year lifespan. Shorter in cities.

Bill Paxton is a good actor.

Small ideas can become large ones if paid attention to.

Thanksgiving is fine. I think it would be interesting if holidays were every other year. Or, you could have the same holiday, but it could be practiced differently every year over a five to seven year cycle. Could really give you that big arc feeling about living.

I look forward to snow. The colder it is, the fewer allergies I suffer from.

Since we all die, I still strongly feel that throwing our bodies into a huge compactor could give us fuel. And maybe even water. Separate the oil and the water.

Turns out that many people from my high school are now gay. We could have had a club--Other than “Boys who cut gym to hang out in the piano room and the girls who love them.” Thank you Facebook.

I never leave my apartment. I’m writing a lot. I did go to the bakery yesterday and to Walgreens today.

I am becoming a hunchback. I need a new desk.

The problem with the world is over population. Truly. And there is no way to solve this problem. Colonization of other planets?

Never a new thought. Never a new moment. And then it’s all new.

Smallish green men, in the form of pigeons, are no longer living on my air conditioning window ledge because we put in those plastic pigeon spikes. Sorry birds, but we weren’t in the mood.

I am an outer borough leaf lover.

Strange, if you eat less, you do feel and look better.

Living in a clean space is relaxing.

Weaker men than I have done greater things. I must keep moving.

If I had children, I would not buy them colorful, plastic toys. I just wouldn’t.

I need to read fewer New Yorker articles and more books.

I love Megan’s squash lasagna. You must go to Epicurious.

Squash Lasagna

I have nothing to prove. Yet I try.



This blog entry is from www.opentrench.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As for over population, it's now a race between the biochemists who have realized, "We have got to the point where we simply do not have to accept what nature has given us" (New Yorker, A LIFE OF ITS OWN. 9/28), and the universe. Now THAT'S really scary! We'll have wars for space, since famine will no longer be a population control and everyone born will live past 100. Mother/judith

John B said...

We had a vegetarian dinner last night - it was satisfying and great. I go for a whole week without realizing I've eaten no meat.

When I do suddenly realize that's been the case, I run out and get a hot dog or, as you witnessed, a tongue sandwich (not the English version, mind you, which is a snog). I want to make sure that I don't get too attached to vegetables only.