Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The List of Blizzard '10

Everyone likes Pigs in a Blanket, no matter what the season.

It is 4:04 AM in Queens, NY. It is snowing. Hardly anything viscious.

I sometimes get jealous of others. Jealousy is really just a lack of confidence.

I think Earl Grey tea might be a little too floral for me these days.

I finished, yes, the first draft of my screenplay, tonight, about ten minutes ago.

A lot of people make puns. I live by them.

The rich of the world love to help Africa. I don’t blame them. But isn’t it weird to have this American culture where people are always, “Pull your own self up by your own boot straps, son,” yet, when they look at Africa, it’s all, “We have to help these people—aid, aid, aid?” They do need help and I’m all for helping. However, to have this rich country play around with one set of rules within its borders—a very Calvinist affair-- only to then play with completely other rules in a bunch of other countries---a very Catholic or Communist affair, isn’t it just so bifurcated and weird? I think there must be a third way---where we accept that everyone on earth suffers---some to a greater degree, obviously---but the idea to me would be to get super collective around the whole planet. The idea of someone getting very rich in our country so he can go play God in another one sort of turns my stomach.

Cucumbers are so unique. I think they must have a lot of alkaline qualities.

I would love to lose 15 pounds.

I hear a salt truck going by.

Why are ducks so funny?

We are all together---one organism---in some weird way. Don’t you feel it?

My screenplay is at least 30 pages too long. Editing is fun, though.

It is so important to work at something. That could mean working at not working at all.

I bet I would be good with embroidery. But there’s no need for the finished product in my life.

I miss California---it’s decadent and filled with goofy cool nuts. Work and time, there, are elastic. I like it like that.

I did not get the H1N1 vaccination simply because I did not get around to it.

Unemployment is decreasing, I keep telling you.

So many relatives that I really loved are so fucking dead.

I cannot control almost anything.

Discipline is great, when it is practiced. But upon considering it, it reminds me of mortality, how you have to put yourself (an animal) into a groove in order for it to thrive.

I have so much to read. But what I really want to do is dance.

I drink cheap wine. I have stained teeth.

I have many friends. Most of them are happy. I hope this is a reflection on me.

I have been through at least eight hard drives in my life.

I can sleep anywhere.

I fear for Obama. He better start wishing for some good luck. What the world needs now is luck sweet luck.

Gays are so ’07.

Sarah Palin is hilarious. Let’s keep her around, just not in any position of governance.

Good appliances really do make a difference. Drat.

I believe in ever lasting life---for things that live forever.

This blog entry, and others like it, is from www.opentrench.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Always love these freewheeling posts of yours... I can't sleep anywhere.I think you should go dancing. I didn't get h1N1 vaccine on principle. I could never do embroidery... Looking at it makes me nervous... Salt trucks worry me. They over-salinate the waterways... You're right, this isn't Earl Grey weather! Get a box of Twinings Lapsang Souchang (sp?)! I hate pigs in a blanket... And CONGRATS on completing the screenplay draft!

40licious said...

Lists are underrated.