Friday, February 12, 2010

What Does Friday Feel Like to You?

Friday is my favorite day of the week. I am unoriginal. But there are big, distinct reasons why I like Friday. It’s the day when I would never try to conduct any business. It is the day for doing some errands and writing. That’s it.

No great decisions are ever made on Fridays. Some big decision, yes (like firing people), but not great decisions.

On Friday, you can feel your humanity seeping in. Any of that work-a-day alienation or getting-ahead self propulsion, they can take a rest on Friday.

And isn’t that what you’ve always wanted? To feel like yourself, without being ramped up? To just be.

I feel more in the moment on Friday. I feel like it is the golden hour, all day long, as if the sun started to set at 10AM and hung right about there until midnight.

I am all for Friday, Freitag, Vendredi. How do you feel about Friday?

This blog entry, and others like it, is from www.opentrench.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Todd HellsKitchen said...

I like Friday's after 3pm.

John B said...

Lately, the work week reminds me of taking swimming lessons at the Y as a kid. I just struggle to get to the other end of the pool. On Friday, I know I'm going to make it... :(