Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Where Have All the Bloggers Gone?

With all the tweeting and Facebook posting, the middle blog form seems to be losing its kick. Is Blogging the Erie Canal of communication? Vital for only a short period of time, quickly replaced by what made more sense: the railroad?

When chat, email, tweeting, posting, texting, blogging and post-tweeting become one, we will be in a situation that is about content and less about form. Why always these forms?

I do not know if the forms arise from a need in the culture or if the culture adheres to the advancing whims of technology. It is probably a mash-up of the two.

I remember my first answering machine. I was cheap. It hardly ever worked right.

2 comments:

Todd HellsKitchen said...

I blog, therefore I am.

John B said...

Blogging by the masses has been dead for a long time.

You've got to have a specialty: "this is my blog about sheet music collecting"; or "this is my blog about OCD sufferers I have dated."

Still, yours works. I gave up on mine years ago...well, 20 months ago at least.