Thursday, July 07, 2011

Killing With Cod

I never cook.

But I decided if I want to eat light, good food and lose some tonnage, I’m just going to have to make more of an effort.

So while Adam, my Recognized-by-the-State-of-California-Domestic-Partner and Possible-New-York-Husband, was proofreading a script of mine, I whipped up a tasty treat of crumbled pistachio coated cod finished in a sauce of tomato-artichoke-olive-caper-onion over quinoa with fresh green beans and lentils on the side. Yeah, I did that.

Two hours later he had to go to bed because he felt like he was going to keel.

I tried.

5 comments:

40licious said...

That's a lot of ingredients. It confuses the palate and overloads the neurotransmitters that tell your brain it's yummy. If you're using more than 3 ingredients with fish, that's too many. xoxo

Jeff said...

Interesting. Do you have any documentation about that?

I was curious and asked my friend who was trained in France, he said that isn't necessarily true. For example, you could have a 15 spice rub, olive oil, tons of herbs, salt and pepper, and a sauce and that could be like 30 or 40 ingredients.

I would love to know if you have proof of that so I don't continue to cook fish incorrectly.

Anonymous said...

Or maybe it was just the cod. Remember that Mahi mahi special in Hawaii where I turned red and could hardly walk?

Mother/Judith

Don Cummings said...

@40L-- Uh?

@Jeff-- When I cook, I open up the cabinets and fridge--and let it all fly.

@Anonymous-- I remember the Mahi Mahi incident of 2000 very well. I had a similar reaction.

Todd HellsKitchen said...

It's a Delaware thing...