Monday, March 09, 2015

I Have Faith

In the Enlightenment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_Enlightenment

I have a feeling that the only way I can keep on in this world of warring religions is to return to the Scottish and the French in the 17th and 18th Centuries, the place and time when and where true liberalism was born. Where the individual was taught, perhaps, to be in charge of their own thoughts.

From now on, when people toss their religion at me or their faith at me, I'm just going to yell out MONTESQUIEU! EMPIRICISM! LOGIC!

All the mysticism and love we could ever want is in the present eyes of our friends and loved ones...and with any effort, in the eyes of strangers.  Enjoy your Jesus and your Jewish high holy days and your Mohammed on the move...but basically, how the hell are you dealing with others, bitch?

Of course, I always lose. Whenever I bring out my nihilistic dry cleaner bag to smother the faces that are wagging on about religion, these people, even so-called progressive ones, push back hard.
I'm really not that scary. I'm just talking about a complete revolution, where we reduce everything to a simple: Be Nice, Now.

There are as many schools of thought as there are ___________________ .

I cannot believe the assumptions in the minds of so many. That were taught to them. And then told they better hold onto them. For transgression means...ultimately...expulsion.

Oh, God, Fuck it.

I'll make my husband soup.


No comments: