Thursday, November 17, 2005

November 17, 1974

You wouldn't believe this but I got picked up by the cops for loitering at the corner with Sally, Lisa, and Wendy. I didn't get in trouble.

I was 12. The girls were 14.

Sally: My sister. Smoked Parliaments.

Lisa: A neighborhood friend. She was really tall and had blond hair and looked kind of like Susan Dey and Carly Simon...though she was the long jean coat type. Smoked L&M's.

Wendy: Our upstairs neighbor in our two-family house. She was my friend before she was my sister's friend. Smoked Marlboros.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wendy and Lisa? Are you sure you're not the actor/writer formerly known as Prince and then known as a symbol, but now known as Prince once again?

Rebecca Waring said...

I can't believe what a little hoodlum you were! Also, your journals are priceless. My journals from that time read something like: "John B. talked to me today but I think he likes Dorothy." Very profound.