Wednesday, February 07, 2007

February 10 & 11, 1979: Atlantic City

In 1979, I was in the All Eastern Choir in Atlantic City, New Jersey. It was comprised of the best singers from the All-State choirs from many Eastern States. Oddly enough, Adam, my-recognized-by-the-State-of-California-Domestic-Partner, was also in the choir. I was from New York. He was from Delaware. I don’t remember meeting him. But then again, what chance did I have? The following two entries are from the two major rehearsal days that we had, Saturday and Sunday. It should be well noted that I had a terrible cold all week long according to earlier entries thus causing my lack of enthusiasm.

February 10, 1979:

Today was a good day. We fucken rehearsed all day. I didn’t go to one rehearsal. I’m exhausted. Tonight girls got caught in all the boy’s rooms, what a panic. Goodnight.

February 11, 1979:

We ate out for breakfast, went to rehearsal. Today was real good, we rehearsed. I didn’t go to one rehearsal and watched Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. We went to the exhibits in Convention Hall, walked the Boardwalk. Tonight we just joked around. Goodnight.

The summer of 1978, I was in choir school up in Fredonia, New York and made friends with other choir geeks from all over New York State. Two of my friends, John and Jeff, roomed with me in Atlantic City. We did such brilliant things. We poured baby powder on the floor in front of the threshold of the adjoining door to our neighbor and then turned on a blow dryer to blow the powder into the next room.

2 comments:

the last noel said...

Blow dried powder, huh? You rebels, you!

Todd HellsKitchen said...

I was in choir in high school.

Two of my friends from back then are still in choirs at their various churches to this very day...

As for me, I guess I always wanted to be a star... So choirs never worked for me...

Ha!