Wednesday, July 08, 2009

She Rolled Off the Lot Today

Noah Massey stopped by today and bought my lovely old car. I drove that 1992 Geo Prizm to Los Angeles in 1993. Noah is a graphic designer and a D.J. He is going to use the car to take his daughter to school and to haul equipment to DJ gigs. I love this transition.

When I arrived in Los Angeles, besides some clothes, I basically had four things: the Geo Prizm, a brand new Martin guitar, a Brother Word Processor and two-thousand dollars.

The only remaining item is the Martin guitar. That Geo, that Chevrolet version of a Toyota Corolla, was a tank. Once, about six years ago, she conked out coming up the grapevine (I-5, north of Los Angeles about seventy miles) and it turned out to be the transmission. It died. The garage just across the alley from my house sent up a tow truck and hauled me home. They replaced the tranny for thirteen-hundred bucks.

About three alternators, five batteries, thirteen or fourteen tires and countless brake pads later, she keeps purring, okay, not purring, but GOING. Go have some great gigs, car. You're loaded with life.

 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

40licious said...

What are you driving now? Alpha?