Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Taking a Chance

With no blog idea in mind, I simply opened up blogger and started typing.

This naturally lends itself to random listing:

1) We are moving to New York for a good chunk. Rented out the LA house for a year. Going to spend more time on the east coast. But then, you know, who knows. I do like the city.

2) The humidity of New York City is ridiculous. This is the biggest adjustment.

3) Physical therapists are fabulous creatures.

4) I like artichokes.

5) And cheese. Even cheap cheese.

6) I am glad I learned how to type.

7) Facebook is questionable. I'd rather sit in the town square in Weimar and talk to an old lady. But I am grateful for the huge hooking up.

8) I fear garlic.

9) I need a dog.

10) This filthy earth. I don't believe in sterilization, but I do. But then, you can't figure out how to administer it, so you can't do it. So, I don't know. I have to release control. I'll be dead before the poles are rain forests.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yahoo news had this piece about a study, for God's sake, that said if you had fewer children you would leave a smaller carbon footprint. A STUDY!!!!!!! Wonder how long it took to get the result? And how much it cost?

We have lost all our marbles.

Mother/Judith

Rebecca Waring said...

1. YAY!!!!!!!!!!
2. I like it - sorry - makes my hair fluffy.
3. Absolutely.
4. Me too!!!
5. Cheese-a-holic here. But no Velveeta. That's not cheese.
6. Growing up, my best friend's Mom said we'd never go hungry if we knew how to type.
7. No way - black hole into which all my time and privacy disappears.
8. And onions.
9. In that apartment???!!!
10. Relax, it's all going to be okay. This is just a transition.

Todd HellsKitchen said...

#6 - I'm jealous
#9 - You're jealous