Thursday, July 08, 2010

Facebook Problem

Okay, what do you do when you have this code of acceptance? I was one of those guys who pretty much accepted all comers. I knew you from high school, sure, friend. We met at a party at so-and-so’s, sure, friend.

But then you see that these people are venomous about Obama or they give praise to God just one too many times, or whatever…and you think, “You know, I really think S is a great soul. I do. And I am open. But, like, when they post strong hating stuff, I am so unhappy it is on my wall.”

And then you start to think. Is it time to remove that person? And then you think, maybe it is.

Because shouldn’t your wall reflect you? Or is that just narcissism online?

I love Facebook. I understand its popularity. But you have to face and face.

Maybe this is where we really feel the harshness. It used to be in the center of town.

Speaking of which, have you ever been to Weimar? Go. The town square is fantastic.

Facebook---you bring me so much. But you shard me, too. Vinegar and crushed glass.

3 comments:

40licious said...

Dear One, you can HIDE people. So they're still your friend, but you don't have to count their Weight Watchers points with them or whatever.

Don Cummings said...

THANK YOU 40licious!

mkm said...

That is what I do. Don, you've been hidden for months on my page. (hahaha!)