Thursday, September 22, 2005

BiCoastal Chronicles: Transition

I am returning to the West Coast on Saturday and I would like to thank all of you who have tuned in extra hard and special during these BiCoastal Chronicles. Your comments have made the reporting worthwhile.

Simply enough...today was about getting ready to leave.

I purchased a Shark Upright for the future floors and a 44 piece dish set at Bed, Bath & Beyonce. My sister had mountains of 20% off coupons and I grabbed 'em.

I took a local bus along the edge of New Jersey into Manhattan. We drove through at least twenty towns. When you get to JFK Drive on the high Palisades just west of the Upper WestSide of Manhattan, on a gorgeous fall day, you know it's a rare and amazing view.

After riding the 1 train to the end, I took the Staten Island Ferry to have dinner with my friend Marian in Snug Harbor. The ferry, friends, is pretty much one of the most fun things you can do for free in the entire United States of America.
I wonder when some terrorist is going to blow up the Statue of Liberty?

Having happily purchased my ticket to return to California to see my State-Of-California-Recognized-Domestic-Partner, Adam and my fur dog, Louise, I look forward to my return to New York for the closing sometime in early October. Stay tuned for BiCoastal Chronicles II.

Please forgive my straight up entry...my visiting ass is toast.

3 comments:

Rebecca Waring said...

I so enjoyed the chronicle. Looking forward to Part II.

Dan said...

Come home, my son. A freak September rain has turned LA into Hawaii, although it is fading fast. The Santa Anas are gaining stregnth and should be wafting up our tender noses in weeks.

Last night an amaizing rocket test cracked the western sky. I could get more excited about rockets if they tested them near me more often.

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Safe home.