Friday, September 02, 2005

Chaotic Thoughts for Chaotic Times

1. This hurricane is Bush's Waterloo.

2. The look in Bush's eyes on Good Morning America is that of a wild ferret, drunk on his own delusional thoughts. Or maybe he was just drunk, the ferret?

3. Those poor refugees from New Orleans? As soon as those levees are actually made out of unbreachable steel...their old neighborhoods will be gentrified, filled with McMansions.

4. The sordid underbelly of our nation is: we just don't fucking care about poor people. Especially poor black people. Let them piss all over themselves in the fetid Superdome.

5. Ted Koppel ridiculed FEMA man.

6. I've been systematizing my email lately. Because I can't stand the tons of junk,spam, etc. So, much of the junk is now classified as junk and goes into the junk folder. For the stuff that is almost junk, but may be of interest to me (Like Macy's, Screen Actors Guild, American Airlines, Etc.)--those are now loading right into the Norton AntiSpam folder. Truth is---Today, John Kerry has been banished into Spam. He seems so unnecessary. Sorry John.

7. Engineers always knew the levees would break. And they did. See number 1 above.

8. Watching the news footage and then seeing an SUV commercial makes you think, "Go buy that monster carbon producing machine...sure...so you can heat things up even more so we can have even greater storms."

9. Watching all these sleeping pill commercials—Lunesta? Could it be that no one can get a good night's sleep these days because everyone is worried about their jobs and the lack of any safety net?

10. I have GERD, because I drink red wine late at night, drink tea all day long, and eat way too much cheese and meat. I'm back on bananas, apple juice, pasta and honey.

11. Congratulations to Megan on her new apartment in Queens. The board loved her, she loved the board. Let the outer borough living begin.

12. Chimps and Humans are practically the same animal.

13. My State of California Recognized Domestic Partner (SCRDP) and I are going to Idaho this weekend to visit with his family.

14. The Healthcare system in this country does not work. Though I hate to wish it, I do think a health scare is next. This will expose the horrendous nature of our careless medical culture.

15. There are two forces in organizing societies. Greed or Communalism. Perhaps we will recognize how essential it is to be communal after we have a few more horrible disasters in this country.

16. Can you imagine what homeland security is up to right now? They must be freaking that someone is going to take advantage of us when we're down.

17. Enjoy your Labor Day Weekend. Drive safely...better yet...don't drive at all.

18. Think globally. Eat food grown within fifty miles of your home.

19. I can't get that image out of my head...Georgie sitting all alone in that airplane seat, looking like a lost child peering down at the destroyed city of New Orleans. See number 1 above.

20. Now is the time for The West Coast and the Northeast to secede from the United Red States. See number 1 above.

2 comments:

Rebecca Waring said...

Yes, I want to secede. I want to, I want to. I'm not kidding.

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Happy LD Weekend to All. And to all a good night!

Cheers,

Mr. H.K.
Postcards from Hell's Kitchen
And I Quote Blog