Sunday, September 24, 2006

Opening and Nick Drake

I don't usually blog on the weekend...but I have to say...the opening was a huge succes. Almost sold out. The audience loved it. I could not be happier. NPR was there. So enjoyable.

And there was a big joyful spread--the opening night lobbby party. And now it's 3:53 AM and I'm celebrating...dancing around the office room...Nick Drake's Poor Boy--I's so fucking sad and beautiful and ironic. I Love this song. And it's 6:08 seconds. Which is so ballsy. The length alone says, "We're going to sit with this for a while...because we need to."

So, I would say, put on a great song, one that's kind of particluar, and dance--to get the idea.

Isn't it great that we're just animals?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dance up a storm, Baby!

You deserve it!

Rebecca Waring said...

Oh Don, that is so great!! You SO deserve to celebrate!