Monday, October 23, 2006

Bush and Nature

So it is true. Bush has tanked. For good.

I look at sunflowers and the small pumpkins on my mantle. The outcome of nature is beauty.

And you can always trust that what is true and good will prevail---
What is true happens because it is the truth—nature likes maximum efficiency.
What is good happens according to our perception of what is good: which is what is good for us. Which is again, maximum efficiency.

There is nothing moral here. Invading Iraq, letting people die in New Orleans, these were not necessarily wrong actions. They were just against truth and goodness. Against efficient use of energy and resources.

So, calmly, I see the beauty on my mantle. Which required almost know planning, just acceptance of what is beautiful. And I know this is the future. There is nothing to worry about.

The natural oddity remains curious. Barbara Bush’s energy is clearly that of a mammal who eats its young. One wonders why she didn’t snack on this particular child.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope he's tanked for good...

But a well timed Terror Alerts and I dunno...

People are so stupid...