Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I'm so GLAAD

In Los Angeles and in other cities, GLAAD pokes around and sees plays and hands out awards. It’s based on a voting system by esteemed GLAAD members.

I was informed today by the head of GLAAD that my play, The Fat of the Land, is getting high marks. And I was instructed to send him as many pictures of the show as possible for an official presentation.

So I could get nominated. It would be nice.

When I was a kid, I remember thinking about my gayness, “I will never tell anyone. I will get married to a girl and die with the secret.”

And now, by no grand design, I’ve written a play that turns out to be good for the gay community. Lovely really.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And good not only for the gay community but for anyone else with an open mind. It's a winner. Now if only others can see that-------

Rebecca Waring said...

We should all be so lucky to get an award for our deepest and most painful secrets.

Anonymous said...

I'm so HAAPPY, too!