Friday, January 26, 2007

January 26, 1979

Today was a new low. I got in a fight with Sally. She pulled my hair and I punched her so it was pretty bad. I felt horrible. I knocked her off her feet. I thought I killed her. Well we talked, me, Sally, Mom, everything’s o.k. I did my papers. Bruce and Maureen came over about 5:00, we sang. It was fun. We went out for pizza and came back here and fooled around, Bruce left, then Maureen stayed. Goodnight.


This was junior year of high school. My sister, ever my tormentor, was pissed off at me because it was my turn to make dinner and I was playing my guitar and I didn’t want to be bothered...and when she came to my bedroom to tell me to get moving and make dinner (fries and burgers), I told her I’d do it in a minute. She demanded I listen to her and the more she demanded, the more I made it clear that I would make the fries and burgers when I was good and ready. She didn’t like the look on my face and told me to wipe off the smirk and then she started pulling my hair. And with that, finally, at the ripe age of sixteen, I hauled off and hit her...it was the punch that was heard around the world. My sister never touched me again.

Bruce and Maureen were good friends from choir. Bruce sang. Maureen played the piano.

3 comments:

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Hm. Maybe that's what I need to do... punch some people... Ha!

the last noel said...

Gawd, I can't believe how we maintain relations with siblings when we bash each other so. I've beat up and been beaten up by my brothers and sister.

Rebecca Waring said...

Big sisters can be the worst. Then we feel terrible about it when we grow up.