Tuesday, April 17, 2007

April 18, 1974

We had a substitute. Man is she mean! Her last name is Mare, people call her nightmare, I call her a horror movie. I was holding a kid’s 30 cents and I lost it, so I owe him 20 cents cause I gave him 10 cents today. This girl Sonia likes me. I fooled around a lot with Wendeye and some little kids and Greg and John. Well Goodnight

I vaguely remember the bad sub. She was nasty. I wrote cents in the entry as a c with a line through it. I miss that. It used to be above one of the numbers on the typewriter. Sonia--if it's the only Sonia I remember from my hometown, her mother killed her father and then killed herself when we were seniors in high school. Wendy lived on the top floor of our two family house. Greg is my brother. John was our neighbor. This was Sixth grade.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hold down the ALT key and type 0162 on the number pad, not the numbers above the letters. My 2¢.

Rebecca Waring said...

I don't have a keypad on my laptop. What if I put the special character format in HTML?

¢

Rebecca Waring said...

Yup, it works.

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Night Mare... ! Ha!

Kids are brilliant in their meanness!