Thursday, April 19, 2007

The Future is GRAND!

I remain optimistic.

Even though human beings will become extinct, I still think carbon based life forms are pretty cool miracles. I think silicone based life forms would be cool, too...but carbon is easier to work with. Human primates being the lead species is just a lot of monkey business. Smart sponges might be cool. If you take a sponge and put it in a blender, its three layers of cells: endo, meso, ecto, will reform into a proper sponge. Not the same shape as the original, but the endo, meso and ecto will migrate to the right layer of the newly formed organism. Some kind of colony, that sponge is. Let one huge sponge take over.

Even though Georgie Bush the Second is an enormous, psychopathic, idiot bully, I am so happy that I am younger than he is and one day I will get to read the headline, “FORMER PRESIDENT GEORGE BUSH WAS KILLED TODAY BY A PACK OF WILD JACKALS. EVEN HIS HELL DIDN’T WANT HIM.”
A man who hijacks a country, uses it for war profiteering and then smirks and kills people while doing it, well, I am so happy that I have such a great chance of outliving this beast.

Violence, Greed and adherence to fairy tale religion are some of the characteristics natural to Republicans. It is hilarious to watch them get into enormous binds because of these character traits that they name Strength, Industriousness and Faith. To see the mask peel away, to watch strength become violence, to watch industriousness turn into rapacious greed and to see perfectly good brains turn to mush from drinking all that God Kool-Aid...it’s such a show. Though it’s tragic, it’s also kind of funny. And a good laugh is a good laugh. One that should keep us entertained for a while.

As the coyotes fill my neighborhood and the winds blow from the high desert—which never happens after January—and we suffer the driest year on record while New York City receives its heaviest rain storm in three decades---well, you just have to smile and feel warm and cozy, knowing that Mother Earth will take care of herself to get back into balance. I love my Momma.

And though it is a tragedy that a bunch of kids were killed in Virginia---and I am in no way being glib here---you just have to wonder when Americans are going to give up their precious guns. That is going to be such a lovely day.

Just lovely.

3 comments:

Todd HellsKitchen said...

"Violence, Greed and adherence to fairy tale religion are some of the characteristics natural to Republicans. It is hilarious to watch them get into enormous binds because of these character traits that they name Strength, Industriousness and Faith".

That's a great quote. Very astute.

Although I would change the word hilarious to tragic...

What a misguided bunch of coconuts they are...

Rebecca Waring said...

No one is safe as long as any of us can walk into a store and buy a weapon that can spray bullets into a crowd of people. It's hard for me to even care about a country that thinks this is normal. Everyone's panties are in a huge wad about TAINTED PET FOOD but where is the outrage about how the GUN LOBBY IS KILLING OUR CHILDREN?

I saw a coyote in suburban sprawl-o-rama Olney Maryland the same day as Don saw one. He looked confused and distressed. Me too buddy, me too.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Todd/HellKitchen. I re-read those exact sentences 3 times because they were so beautifully written and the thought was so solid and good.