Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Cabaret

Okay.

I think cabaret shows are where it’s at. First of all, you can drink. Secondly, you can write patter that is rated X and no one minds...and they may even laugh. Thirdly, everyone gets to drink, did I say that? And of course, the last thing is, you get to hear all these people sing.

The cool think about singing is people really do have unique voices. Of course, I’m a sound and language person more than a visual person...so I might be biased. But there’s something about how a person sounds that really appeals to me. Even if it’s in a low ceiling bar in Silverlake on a Monday night. Even if the bar is packed to capacity. Even if the bar smells like ass.

We raised 1700 bucks. It was worth it. And we all got to sing.

Fabulous.

1 comment:

Todd HellsKitchen said...

What good is sitting alone in your room?

Come,hear the music play...