Thursday, May 24, 2007

My Mutt

I got sucked into MMI Genomics.

For $79, you swab the inside of your dog's cheek and you send it in and you recieve a certificate of your dog's breed.

Louise, which I always assumed was a Maltese/Yorkie is definitely part Yorkshire Terrier. But even more than that, she is a Chihuahua. And Whippet. Whippet! MMI Genomics cannot test for Maltese, so I still guess she is part Maltese. Her face is just like a Maltese and so is her fur. Though I am not surprised about Chihuahua. She was an LA stray, after all. When we first got her and she was all mangy, she looked very much like a Chihuahua. I thought, "I have the ugliest little inner city dog, ever!"

But then her fur grew in with the obvious markings of a Yorkie and the ears and coat of a Maltese. I figured she was a mix. If she had been at least 50% one breed, that would have showed up as a primary category. But she isn't that. Louise is, get ready, a mutt.

A brown, black, silver and white mutt made of Chihuahua, Whippet, Yorksire Terrier and probably Maltese. I love her so much.

 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Rebecca Waring said...

I want that! Can I swab my cheek and find out what kind of a mutt I am?

Anonymous said...

How many times have we all said the Chiwhippet Maltkie is the best breed?

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Chihuahua's Rule!