Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Dig It

I keep reading about this silly wall they are building at the border between The United States and Mexico. I imagine someone will invent fascinating tunneling machines. Perhaps they will be portable and will run on solar energy. As long as you build it, they will come. It doesn’t matter what you build, people come to it.

And in this case, they will dig right under it.

I imagine this will choose for, perhaps, even heartier, smarter immigrants dying to work for the minimum wage (not that I don’t think our current millions of immigrants aren’t all bright, hard working, amazing human beings, I do, I do!)…but I need something more than a reliable house cleaner and an enterprising man to mow the lawn. I need someone to answer all this fucking email.

3 comments:

Rebecca Waring said...

I find it quite telling that the one confirmed case of a terrorist coming across our borders with evil intent, came from Canada. But you don't see us building any walls to keep the white neighbors out.....

Anonymous said...

Or they could just build more submarines. It's easier to float just below the waters surface than it is to tunnel through the earth.

Geo

Todd HellsKitchen said...

I'm pretty sure there are overseas firms full of Indians and Bangladeshi's who would be happy to take over your email concession... Just call Customer Service for any American company and see if you can't work out a deal...