Sunday, April 20, 2008

Serious City

 


What is constantly remarkable to me is the lack of joy in New York. Something about the weather? I don't know. I feel remarkably happy when I am here, running around.

It's a curious city, has so much to offer and you wonder if anyone is really enjoying it.

They are happier in Paris.

I think I have to pay closer attention. People in LA can certainly be blamed for trite happiness connected to nothing more than a recently acquired expensive haircut...

Is that so Rawng?

The next three days that I am here, I am going to keep my eyes peeled for light hearted people.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People in New York get expensive haircuts.

They just think being miserable is the same as being deep. They also think Rogers and Hammerstein revivals connote culture.

New York City is now an open air museum of its past glory.

That being said, it is a fun town for a long weekend.