Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Check in with Yourself

Have you changed?

It’s always good to take the Myers Briggs Test again! Summer’s here. You might want to take a course. You’re thinking of a career change. You want that new horse but are wondering if it really is something you should be doing…you hate yourself and you want to figure out why. You name it.

I’m an ENFP. No matter how many times I take the test it never changes.

So go ahead and check in with yourself. It’s the ultimate Cosmo quiz. And hell---self knowledge at any time is good for you. Accept your inner animal. It’s what all the jazzy kids are doing.

The Myers-Briggs Personality Test.

2 comments:

Tandava (Carol Henning) said...

Weird. It says I am an ENFP, although 16 years of Jungian analysis says incontrovertibly that I am an INTP.

There is a lot of confusion in these tests about the true meaning of "introvert" and "extravert" (yes, that is the proper spelling according to Jung, who popularized, if not coined, the psychological aspect of the word).

It really has nothing to do with shyness vs. gregariousness, but rather with whether one's attentions are focused more on internal reality of feelings and ruminations, rather than on the external reality of objects and events.

I am a gregarious person and have never been remotely shy, but I could not care less about external trappings, as my focus is wholly drawn to the internal.

As to the thinking vs feeling -- those faculties are about equal in me, but I tend to be most comfortable using thought to navigate life. Although I find life is better if I pay more attention to feeling's discernment.

In other words, don't put to much stock in these tests. They are entertaining and good for a laugh, though -- especially questions like these: "You know how to put every minute of your time to good purpose." Um.. well, I'm taking this test, so that should tell you something....

Todd HellsKitchen said...

I changed to an INFP from an ENFP as I recall... Been a while... I should take it again... Maybe this summer...