Saturday, June 25, 2011

New York, We're in a Lovely State of Mind

Thank you to all human beings who went from beating me up in the Seventies to full acceptance in the Teens. It is completely wild to live through the embryonic stages of full evolution as the Nigger>Colored>Negro>Black>Human>and even possible president of the current era.

And thanks to Barry Manilow: "I made it through the rain." (Even though that song is, well, grotesquely cheese filled.) And all of the other people who were in, out, kicking down doors of closets during my life.

Friends in California, DO YOUR MAGIC in D.C.! Let's help the kids in Alabama, 'cause we sure as hell know the Alabamians aren't going to do it. And THANK YOU Massachusetts. Seven years ago, you really got it moving. We are proud to share a state border with you.

And sincere thanks to you Vermont, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Iowa and Washington D.C., all of those great places that have committed to full equality for all people under the law. New Jersey, Maryland and Hawaii, please try harder.

This is a pride filled weekend. We are all insanely happy here in New York. The parade tomorrow is going to be, well, a bit much. As usual. But hell--what's a few bare asses in the face of such great news!

And now I am going to go beat the crap out of my future husband for not ringing out the sponge.

1 comment:

MARK said...

you just crack me up! make me smile AND make me think, and you leave a lasting imprint in my day -- thank you!