Thursday, June 16, 2011

Window Washing

I washed my windows today. I know this is not news worth typing---but in a way it is.

I spend so much time writing scripts, shorts, you name it…and so I am always walking around in my slippers with all these problem solving story thoughts going on. It’s sort of exhausting. It looks like an easy life but it kind of saps ya.

Then, you get to do something physical! The change, it’s like a vacation.

And you end up with clean windows.

Look, we live in a world of specialization. It would be pretty great to be a generalist like people were in olden times. You might then have the chance to be balanced, not overusing or under using any skill.

But alas, we do not. The presumption that people are happiest doing the same type of thing every day according to their talents is sort of odd. I do not believe that variety is the spice of life. I believe variety is life.

But since I did not make the rules of society, I guess I’ll have to settle for just spice right now. And today’s spice was window washing.

2 comments:

Todd HellsKitchen said...

I'll bet they're gorgeous...

Anonymous said...

That's the beauty of housewifery, variety. Every day is different and YOU are in charge.

Mother/Judith