Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Lay Off My Wife

Should they lay off Obama’s wife?

My reaction to his comment is quite racist or at least classist. I imagine the next line after, “Lay off my wife,” would be, “or I’ll beat the shit out of you.”

When he says, “Lay off my wife,” who is Obama speaking to? Will he come out punching if they don’t lay off his wife?

I am afraid of people who warn me because they are pissed off.

Forgetting scaredy-cat me, this display of anger and protectiveness is a great thing. It shows Obama to be a little less elite and a little more, well, low rent. Rhetoric died. Gut reaction entered.

This ultimately attracts people, as long as he doesn’t grow peevish, which would push him once again into elite.

Obama truly imagines a world that is fair. He behaves like the world is fair. He expects people to play fairly. He rides on the high road.

He will be nibbled by the ducks of provocation if he becomes the presidential nominee, and this will really show us who he is.

I believe they should lay off his wife, sort of. And his children, of course. But if laying into his wife gets him riled up, I say lay her.

1 comment:

Todd HellsKitchen said...

I found his threat to be "anti-Feminist"...

Like "his woman" needs the Man to protect her or something...

It looked sophomoric