Sunday, January 04, 2009

Welcome Back Muffin Tops!

Just call me Shamu?

Anyone else besides me bigger than a heifer?

How many roasts did YOU eat?

It’s disgusting. I have to say, my favorite of all was a boiled ham we had up in the Berkshires. It was so tender and smoky.

We have been on the east coast for a couple of weeks, driving to ancient states like New Jersey and Maryland and Massachusetts. Say what you want about this dirty ol’ industrial corner of the U.S., it certainly has a lot of variety. No, it isn’t like driving through France, Switzerland and Austria in one day, but it does have a bit of that feel going on.

All the old bricks.

And it is cold. Sure.

But the visual cortex gets a workout here as you poke around. Which is stimulating. Now…time to drop the tonnage so I can keep moving.

1 comment:

Todd HellsKitchen said...

You didn't look too fat to me, but I guess it's all about how you feel... Oprah (who I usually find to be ridiculous) is making a resolution to be "healthy, strong and fit"... I like the way that sounds... Good luck with getting yourself to a state that makes you feel happy... You know, I'm a huge believer in the South Beach Diet...