Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Line

It's a great opportunity to practice love and acceptance: The line at Trader Joe's in Union Square.

The place is popular. As the scrum of New York digs in to buy their capers and creams, one is bumped and cajoled into possible irritation. But not me! I decided to stand there and say to myself, "All these people love Trader Joes as much as I do, so this is just a festival of love."

And so it was.

New York City is a great place to practice serenity. In fact, it's a better place than almost anywhere else because the challenge is right in front of you for the taking.

You know--I love New York. I wish I had a house here. So I could spread out my bags of nuts and boxes of tea.

 
Posted by Picasa


2 comments:

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Yup!

HelenIsBach! said...

I was on line opening day. I was there! oh yes WE CAN!
(pun?)