Thursday, February 05, 2009

Red Ants, Black Ants, Red Wine

Tax and Spend.

Reduce taxes and grow private prosperity.


Nothing works.

And the fight is on. Same fight that has been going on forever. We are a species in conflict. Maybe we are trying to split off? Become two different species? Homo Togetherus and Homo Itsallaboutmeus. Maybe, like red and black ants, we should just go to war and get it over with.

But the fight goes on and on. Aren’t we bored with it? What is the third way? Was it Bill Clinton? And if so, why are we not going right back to Bill’s way?

It’s all so measurable and also impossible to measure.

And those of us on the ground? We just react.

Side note: Red Wine Incident, 2009.

I had a feeling I should not have my little juice glass of red wine anywhere near the keyboard. I flailed and spilled…all over the cream carpet. Quickly, my waiter instinct came out. I threw a bucket of water on it, followed by a box of salt. It worked. Club soda would have been better. Salt really has a way of drawing things to it. Thank you salt.

1 comment:

Todd HellsKitchen said...

SALT? Like eyeglasses??