Sunday, February 01, 2009

Revenge of Crack Den

Friends,
So many of you have stayed in "The Crack Den" over the years, our modest little guest room in the back yard.
It has been remodeled, cleaned up, vinyl faux-wood floored, painted, termite tented, made larger by pulling out the back wall that formed the storage closet, and simply made cleaner, brighter, bigger and better.

We have a new mammal pet staying in there for a while. Human. Since all the cats and the dog died, we felt it necessary to have SOMETHING living in our back yard. Why not a human?

The crack den: it's not just for breakfast anymore.


 
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sob.
Mother/judith

Rebecca Waring said...

I always felt so pampered in that crack den! I loved that place. I hope your new pet enjoys the space as much as I did.

Cheryl said...

Lovely! But you need to post a "before" picture.

John B said...

Oh my -
Its much nicer and newer and fency. It really looks great.

Every now and then, Kathy and I do something like sand the floors or buy a new mattress, box spring and bed that makes us feel very much like adults, but we get over that feeling fairly quickly.

This looks like that afterglow of accomplishment will last much longer for you.

John

Anonymous said...

Is that the kitchen in the back right of the photo? I think I see a toaster oven, hot plate and 'fridge. Are there pots and plates and forks in the cabinet? Uh, Where's the bed? Cool...

Geo

Don Cummings said...

Hi George!
The other stuff came in a bit later...in fact, a ton of stuff.
BUt I love this picture...simple. I wish I could always live super simple! In Queens now--just loaded up the cabinets with food. It's chilly in these parts.
Don