Thursday, March 30, 2006

March 30, 1974

Nanny moved. I did so much unpacking. I slept over. It's a nice apt. Man am I tired. I'm writing this on March 31 because I didn't have it with me March 30 because I slept over. Goodnight.


I will never forget the weekend I moved my grandmother into a senior citizen apartment. She had been a widow for about six months. She was living with us, sleeping on a schnazzy cot in the finished basement. This nice apartment became available and she moved. This weekend was the first weekend of her life where she was going to be living alone. I stayed with her. I remember that she put a towel on the goldish-green couch and then some blankets. Eventually, this couch was covered with the see-through plastic covers.

On Sunday (the next day), when it was time for me to go, Nanny kept talking. She was nervous and she didn't want to be left alone. I felt awful leaving her there alone.

1 comment:

Rebecca Waring said...

You were so young to be doing that by yourself. The physical and the emotional parts. Where were the adults!