Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I Happened Upon the Parade

Call it the Luck of the Irish, I happened upon the St. Patrick's Day Parade today on Fifth Avenue. I was on the Upper East Side, heading over to the park when, Faith and Begorrah, there it was!

It was almost six o'clock. I found that to be sort of strange. But I guess they do it toward the end of the day if it's during the week. I called me Da and wished him a good one.

This country is loaded with the Irish, we just have to celebrate. And though to look at me you'd never know I was 3/8 Irish, the truth is I am and I love the whole idea.

I especially love the bagpipes. Joyful and sad at once? Yes, that's Ireland.

Hope you had a big dish of corned beef and cabbage. We ate at an Italian restaurant and saw the play A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC with Catherine Zeta-Jones and Angela Lansbury. Diverting but not essential.

May the wind always be at your back...etc., etc.

 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Todd HellsKitchen said...

That parade started on time, it's interminable... City will limit parades to 5 hours next year... So this is the last time you should see that one this late... That's the one that bans gay marchers... Should be a law that discriminatory parades don't get a license... Let them have a free speech hate rally in a controlled area, while regular traffic can have Fifth Ave...