Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Al and Tipper and a Little Grease at the End

Come on! So Edwards didn’t make it. Gore is not making it. And the Clintons, well, they did…even after that pesky beej. What does this sort of prove?

You have to be tough as hell and committed like crazy to be in a successful marriage or to be President of the United States.

What else could it prove?

That trying to become President of the United States and losing destroys your marriage.

Or, most likely, none of the above.

I wonder what did the Gores in. Was it all his traveling, all her depression, his slightly lisping poorly pitched voice, or a combination of all these things?

Will we ever know?

I like it when people keep it “classy.”

Poor Al. I wonder if this will push him toward fatter or thinner. He never had the charisma of Clinton or the smile of Edwards, but he has something better: some sort of integrity, while bordering on overly earnest, but still, something is very right with him.

It is never fun to see a long term marriage break up. If a six monther or even a three yearer goes down in flames, well, you usually think, “They should not have gotten married so quickly,” or “They were much better off just being unmarried,” or “They should have never been together anyway.”

But with these long ones, you just feel sort of sad. And you hope that all their past public displays of affection and their heartfelt books about each other weren’t all just a bunch of bullshit.

Did they always have medium to big problems and while in the public eye used the wide platform to act as-if they were a great couple? Or, were they a solid couple and recently something went down? Or did they simply whither away from each other?

Strange. Why add to the loneliness at that point in your life? Or, were they one of those alone-together couples? I wish the sweet things well.

Now, how about that oil spill? It’s upsetting me so much, I have gone into denial, clamping down, just waiting for it to pass.

2 comments:

Sheila said...

I know Donny - having been in a 21 year marriage people always ask me what happened? Too much to print here but sometimes enough is enough! I hope they have good luck on e-harmony - I wonder if Al will be in my soul mate in box soon.........

Sheila said...

And as for the oil spill - it is beyond tragic - I am sick over it too.