Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Today

I have confirmed that blogging is kind of dead.

I wrote at least sixty-five emails that required some thinking.

I cried about the turtles killed in the Gulf.

I lived through the Beaver Swamp that is this New York weather.

I stretched.

I ate in Tribeca.

I considered going to Iceland.

I sat in a very comfortable Herman Miller Aeron chair.

I attended to the summer calendar.

I checked my sales progress of six items on Ebay.

I wrote a little. But thought a lot about what to write.

I considered, along with everyone else, that Obama might be a Carter-Dinkins combo.

I had no caffeine.

I struggled with making a simple doctor’s appointment because our health insurance has changed.

I have confirmed with myself that State’s Rights are a lot of bullshit.

I wondered if I would be happy when it comes time to die.

I ate well.

I felt guilty about liking air conditioning while coal companies lop off mountaintops and throw them into streams to rip the guts out of them thar hills.

I drank lakes of water.

I looked online for places to live in Manhattan.

I thought about Brooklyn and how far it is from where I always need to go and I’m always so damn late that it seems like an unlikely choice for a tardy tard.

I thought about California and how laid back it is but also how kind of sleepy it can be, too.

I wore very comfortable shoes.

I did not make many jokes.

I found myself cheering people on, cheerily.

I worried about my health.

I lost nothing today.

I desired greens and got piles of them.

I listened to everyone and I cared as I could.

3 comments:

John B said...

I like this blog - its like a lot of microblogs in one. But then, it sounds like you, so its minimal, but oddly comprehensive.

I finally decided that my blog is dead, so it has been reborn as a place to hear about my toy soldier adventures, but I'm keeping Sister Ruth. It will not be for everyone.

http://jnobianchi.blogspot.com/2010/06/bruces-scots.html

Don Cummings said...

I love the pics, john!

Todd HellsKitchen said...

You're a good man.