Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Mid-June Simple Headed Ideas

When you get caught up in dogma-religion-political ideology, all analytical thought is subsumed by childish desire for a unifying theory.

If your greatest passion does not include some commerce, you are considered subversive, or even worse, lazy. Commerce is exciting. But commerce is restrictive according to who is signing the checks. The only way out: death.

New York is more interesting. Los Angeles is more fun.

The thrill of new shoes lasts five days.

The difference between a Republican and a Democrat is nothing compared to the difference between a Scientologist and a non-Scientologist.

As I get older, things hurt a whole lot more. I used to say, “I am not my teeth and hair.” Now I say, “I am not my body.” No wonder the idea of an afterlife is so appealing.

Bought a used Herman Miller Aeron chair today. I feel like I am sitting on a writing throne. It is so comfortable. And the webbing, well, I feel like you can hose me down at any time.

I really want dogs to be the next species to rise up and take over the planet. I think their pack mentality will do wonders for the globe. And their math skills are far superior to ours. However, can you imagine what all of the world’s rugs are going to smell like?

People make the mistake of thinking that what they think is logical and then make the next mistake thinking that others think like them.

Candy corn is neither candy nor corn. Talk about it.

The ego, though helmeted and riding high, is a sad warrior.

The joy of listening to your own iTunes library is inversely proportional to the joy of listening to someone else’s.

I often find myself wanting more. Then when I get it, I just want something to eat or to drink to celebrate. Which is just about more. Might be interesting to want less.

Ten little Indians?

When Frito-Lay invented Funyuns, didn’t they realize it rhymed with bunions in addition to onions? So why did they make them flesh colored?

Ginger tea is the answer. Tons of flavor. Good for your stomach. No caffeine. Not even near the caffeine family. And ginger does not dehydrate.

No comments: