Monday, January 30, 2006

Be Me Eyes Gloria

Last night was the wrap party for my Recognized-by-the-State-of-California-Domestic-Partner Adam's television show, Still Standing.

Being a family friendly show, the party is often held at a bowling alley in Studio City. Bad food. Decent booze.

On Still Standing, Sally Struthers plays Bill's mother. She was having a blast at the party, maybe drinking a lot. Most certainly, she was yelling at the top of her lungs like a wild woman in positive response to everything. She invited us to bowl in her lane. Being that it was pretty full, we bowled next to her. Adam made a strike. Sally was so happy for him, she hugged him, and then lifted him into the air, completely off his feet.

Sally Struthers is a strong woman.

3 comments:

RebeccaW said...

It's funny to think of them having a party at a bowling alley. They sound like computer programmers, not movie stars. I think Sally is great in that part. It's so funny to think of my little brother glued to 'All in the Family' and now he's writing for Sally Struthers!

sarah s said...

Last month, here at the Walker Art Center in land-locked Minneapolis, Minnesota, someone told me they heard Sally Struthers was in the Chuck Close exhibition. I was the only one in my office who cared and I did indeed stalk her for a while. It was fun. I'm always reminded of Barbara Stolarik when I see her. I don't know why.

Mr. H.K. said...

Bowling was my phys ed in college. That, and billiards. Can you imagine?

Good luck to Adam in his next and future projects!