Thursday, November 30, 2006

The Sound of Chewing Insects

Every week, one company is eaten by another one and we all must go along for the ride.

Fine.

Every day, the format for something changes and we have to adjust to it.

Fine.

Every hour, another bill enters the mailbox and it's just wrong. Almost never in your favor.
And you get mad, and you call, and you try to get back that $2, that $8.95, that $157.50. It's infuriating, but if you were a big company who could steal from people with a shrug and never have to pay any consequence, wouldn't you try to do it, too?

Sure. Fine. Thieves. America. Fine.

But what I can't stand in all this....what just makes me nuts...is at bottom the actions of the game are simply: attack, compete, destroy, grab and head back to the castle. And everyone is happy to play along.

While already very unhealthy, poor people eat KFC. Still beaten down, women die of breast cancer, daily, from the poison in our environment.

And no one is outraged?

Sometimes, I think my anti-virus program is the virus.

Sometimes, I think the drug companies are drugging us.

Sometimes, I think the banks are taking our money.

Sometimes, I think the ads are selling us things and we pay for the selling.

Paranoid? Me? I gave up weed over a year ago.

I love the variety of the big city. With everything there is to see. But does it all have to be for sale? And Rupert Murdoch always gets the vig?

While everyone gets richer, everything becomes more expensive.

I like nice sheets. However---

I wish the spam would stop. I wish the credit card offers would stop. I wish I could meet one person who did not have issues around money. I wish the sausage was fresh and the cheese more creamy.

But then, I'm a romantic.

2 comments:

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Honey... this is my struggle everyday working in a bureacracy....

You're right, this is *not* a world made for romantics...

Dan said...

I hope this will relieve you of one of your pains.

https://www.optoutprescreen.com/