Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Theft



Why do people get oil rights? And why do they get to keep the profits from such a thing?

I guess I don't understand how someone can own a part of the earth. I mean, don't we all own it?

And if that's a naive idea...fine...but if the swiftest and the greediest can claim they own the rights to something under the ground (oil, diamonds, what-have-you)-- then simply enough, we live in a world based on school yard bullying.

The strongest kid with the greatest will just keeps getting more.

Obviously, this cannot continue. This cannot be the future for the species.

I wish I had a fix for it.

All I can come up with is---INTENSE OVERSIGHT AND REGULATION AND ENORMOUS TAXATION.

Time for a change, friends.

1 comment:

Todd HellsKitchen said...

This reminds me of "The Beverly Hillbillies!"