Thursday, August 19, 2010

Fried Chicken and Shallowness

I need to write about two very different things.

First of all, fried chicken. We ate in a big noisy box of a restaurant tonight in Chelsea, okay, Cafeteria. Seventh Avenue. The whole thing.

I went ahead and ordered the fried chicken because why shouldn’t I, right? I’m not afraid of a bunch of greasy bird pieces.

It’s a killer. Don’t ever do it. It’s not worth it. I don’t know how people survive these things.

Next, on the subject of being shallow, I have come to this conclusion. I think the reason why people are so upset when they perceive someone to be shallow is not so much that this perceived person is wrong or morally in the basement, it’s more because there is a loss of potential love. Someone who is shallow, who is committed to their own pleasures and vices above all else, does not have the space or time to love you. And people feel this. Even if they do not admit it.

2 comments:

Joe Jubinville said...

There's always a lover and a beloved. It's a primal dynamic.

It's not the chicken that gets you... its that yummy crunchy fried bread on the outside.

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Now I'm craving KFC... Oy!