Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Justice Kennedy, Can You Do It?

Yeah, Prop 8, that hateful prop, was overturned today. But there’s a stay.

This thing is going to the Supreme Court.

And now it’s up to Kennedy, our Supreme swinger, to uphold the lower court’s decision to keep down Prop 8 in the garbage where it belongs.

Tricky thing is, the logic used by the lower court might be eviscerated by the upper court. Blech.

Strange thing, this happening in my lifetime. I guess strange things happen in everyone’s lifetime that very personally pertains to their specific circumstances. I just do not feel that I have the nerves for all this. At least not right now. Okay, I do. Who am I? Mashed potatoes Marvin?

I was at a dinner tonight and to my surprise, someone there did not believe in evolution. How could I know such a person? I mean, I do not know this person by choice…but still, just two degrees of separation and someone is throwing Adam and Eve stuff at me?

And how could we live in a world where Prop. 8 could happen at all?

You hate to be all, “How stupid can people be?”

But shit, I’m feeling arrogant and pissed off. I do not feel celebratory. Call me a gloomy Gus. But do call me.

Come on Kennedy. (You know today he knows that his entire career is going to be remembered for the decision he is going to have to make. And he’s excited.)
Do the thing that helps. We are not Saudi Arabia.

2 comments:

Dan Alemshah said...

best thing he could do is choke on a chicken bone...

Don Cummings said...

See Dan, this is what I'm sayin'....it's going to be up to ONE man on earth. ONE. I hate math.