Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Dan Has the Coolest Job

So, my good friend, Dan, works at Southern California Edison in the internal communications department. He really knows what's going on. And truthfully, Southern California Edison really is trying, in a very public way, to help with this whole energy crunch. Interesting tip:

Consider unplugging consumer electronics when they are not in use. Even
when turned off, CD players in the U.S. consume enough energy in one
year to power the Las Vegas Strip for six months.


I cannot say that I've done this. However, I do think it's a good idea. Maybe just click that power cord for the whole mess of media boxes to the off position when not in use?

What a world.

Los Angeles is so hot and humid, it feels like New Jersey. Interesting. Many people are complaining. Honestly, I just find it very interesting. What's next???

3 comments:

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Actually, it's been absolutely lovely here on this coast. low humidity, cool nights.

Go figure...

Dan said...

Many power companies offer the option to use green power. By requesting green power, you pay an additional percentage on top of your monthly bill. That money goes to investing in renewables less cost-effective than natural gas or coal. While it's not as much of a public statement as a Prius or solar panels, it is effective. Gore even says so.

Call your power company today! And be nice, the customer service person isn't in charge of rates.

the last noel said...

You know, I know it's hot and humid, but I'm not so bothered by it. I"m actually enjoying this summer.