Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Central European Ball Cutters

I was reading in the newspaper tonight about legal castration in The Czech Republic for sex offenders.

Sure, why not?

A couple of years ago, traveling around Germany, we went to a medieval punishment museum. I thought the punishments were equal to the crimes. Big masks with waggy tongues for those who talk too much, stockades for thieves, a cage here and there for the morally repugnant…

Is corporal punishment crueler than living in a cell? I don’t think so.

If I had to choose between thirty days in a cage in the town square having people throw garbage at me or three years in a dark cell, I’d take the cage and the garbage.

Now, if I was a sex offender (and I am so grateful that I don’t find anyone under twenty-five years old attractive), but if I was a sex offender…and I just could not control myself, I guess I would just ask to fix it. Just do it. Fast. Cut them. Dice them. Call it a day.

2 comments:

the last noel said...

I've never written this on a post: eeeeeeeeewwwwwww.

John B said...

Dice them? Then what, Don? Do we sanction browning them in a light butter sauce? We're going down an odd, Hannibal Lecter-esque road, here.

Seeriously, I've no problem with the castration thing. It seems like everyone's rights are protected.