Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Cool Woods

I have never seen an episode of Jay Leno before tonight. There, I admit it.

I’ve walked by and the television was on and he would be talking and I didn’t care too much.

But I wanted to see my furor.

So I hauled out the little television here in Queens and set it up on the little table and I propped the rabbit ears on the sill and I sat there and watched.

Jay Leno was funny, sometimes. Which was pleasing. A 99 cent store roast, parading out silly products, tickled some.

And then out came our literate guy, the man with the answers, the Health Care/Energy/Education president. A very cool customer.

A smart guy. Right?

I thought, “Oh yeah, he’s like all of our friends except if he was in our group, he’d be the smartest one.”

I am so glad he’s the smartest one.

He stays on point. But his smile, his talking about the silliness of his motorcade, his daughter’s love of candy on the plane, the future dog, all of it, was pretty much perfect smooth television. No wonder this guy won. He’s our Havel. He’s actually creative.

And Jay Leno, a righty, was completely gracious and only cut Obama off (not allowing positive applause to last too long) when a conversational topic had a whiff of government spending about it. ---One wonders why Jay Leno cares---Hard wired?

Obama is a great big story teller and perfect little story teller. He is forest and trees. Fresh.

2 comments:

the last noel said...

Haha! I've never seen Leno either. And trotting out Mr. O still didn't make me want to see it.

Todd HellsKitchen said...

I've never watched his monologue... But I have DVR'd specific appearances on there... Obama for one. He's great...